Tuesday 6 September 2011

Begin at the beginning...

My first 'proper post' was always going to be a difficult one, choosing which product to start with, so I decided to start at the beginning....


Inika Organic Pure Primer

One of the first products that I introduced to my kit was the Inika Organic Pure Primer. I came across it quite by accident whilst I was looking for some foundations, unaware that there were Organic Primers on the market (I have since discovered there are a couple of others).

Inika Pure Primer
With nourishing ingredients such as macadamia oil, shea butter, avocado and apricot, Pure Primer has a luxuriously creamy texture with a mild herbal scent that fades quickly upon application. It applies equally well with either a brush or your fingers and is absorbed quickly leaving the skin feeling smooth and hydrated. There are subtle light reflecting elements that give a real radiance to the skin, creating a perfect base for foundation.

At just under £30 for 30ml it certainly isn't not a cheap product, fortunately a little goes a long way, with one pump of the bottle easily enough to cover the whole face and neck.

Now a mainstay of my kit, I have used Pure Primer for broadcast, bridal and fashion make-ups, on male and female clients and each time I have been happy with the results and the overall look of the skin.

Inika (an Australian brand) have an interesting range of organic and mineral products all of which are certified cruelty free and Vegan. 


Ingredients:
(*) denotes ingredient is certified organic.
Certified Organic Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice; Certified Organic Macadamia (Macadamia Ternifoila) Oil; Certified Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii); Cetearyl Glucoside (Vegetarian); Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Extract; Certified Organic Oils of Rosehip (Rosa Canina); Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis); Hazlenut (corylus Americana); Avocado (Persea Gratissima); Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca); Sclerotium Gum; Glycerin (Vegetarian); Grapefruit Seed (Citrus Grandis) Extract; Certified Organic Essential Oils of Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), Sandlewood (Santalum Album), Ylang Ylang (Cananga Odorata) & Geranium (Geranium Maculatum); Rosemary Extract (Rosemarinus Officinalis).

2 comments:

  1. yay another organic make up blogger! I found you on Inika's Facebook page. I have lots of beauty reviews if you want to have a look :)
    I'm following you now and I look forward to your blog posts xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I've been curious about organic primers for ages now! Am definitely going to buy this. I have reviewed the Inika foundation on my blog before - have you used it? Do you like it? I think base is such an important step to get right in natural skincare but also really interested to hear what you use on your clients at work!

    Thanks for a great blog.
    Sarah @BEskincareful

    ReplyDelete