Monday 27 February 2012

Want Lusher Lashes?

My eyelashes have been a bane of my life for quite some time. Naturally, I have lashes that are uneven in length, are brittle, irregularly spaced, straight and frankly quite spindly - Spiders legs as I generally refer to them. Their lack of elegance and volume is something that has frustrated me for many years and something that I thought I would be stuck with, until I began using lash conditioner.




Lash conditioners are a relative youngster in the world of beauty, for many years women have been applying petroleum based products onto their eyelashes in order to condition them, however specific conditioning formulations are fairly new.

Jane Iredale Purelash Extender and Conditioner

It was about a year ago that I came across the Jane Iredale Purelash Extender and Conditioner. I have to admit I was sceptical and did put off the initial purchase - I don't think I truly believed that it was possible that something could make my lashes grow or appear fuller. We have all seen the frequently misleading mascara adverts on television that use lash extensions to give the illusion of longer, fuller lashes, so why would this be any different?  

One of the first things I noticed was a difference in the length of my longer lashes. As I mentioned, my lashes are naturally quite irregularly spaced and of varying lengths and so the first lashes I noticed a difference in were those that had made it past the stump stage. These longer lashes appeared a little more defined and dare I say, elegant?
Purelash
Not being someone who wears make-up every single day, I wasn't (and am still not) particularly religious about applying lash conditioner on a daily basis; I apply it every day that I wear eye make-up, coating my lashes before applying mascara. Application is easy; the official product information recommends applying one coat of Purelash and then one of mascara, applied whilst the conditioner is still tacky.

Although lash conditioner isn't a product that I keep in my pro kit, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to clients frustrated by their own eyelash inadequacies.

I should have taken a before lash conditioner photograph so you could see the changes, however I was unaware of my blogging future at that time. This is aside, looking at my eyelashes today and thinking back to about 6 months ago, there is a definite, marked improvement. My lashes are now all roughly of similar length and certainly do appear longer, although this may be a slight optical illusion due to them no longer being sparse and uneven. They also seem slightly thicker at the root and don't seem to fall out or break anywhere near as frequently as they used to. 


Sadly I do still have very straight lashes and this is something that is never going to change (without going down the lash perming route), but LONG, straight lashes I think I can live with.

Jane Iredale is a 'Not-organic-but-nearly' brand, formed in 1994. The first cosmetics line to provide a comprehensive range of mineral based make-up, Jane Iredale avoid the use of nano-sized particles in their products and the range is free from talcs and parabens and is completely cruelty free.


Available in the UK at (amongst others) Content

Ingredients:

Water, Algae Extract, Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Carnauba Wax, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Oleic Acid, Vanilla Tahitensis Fruit Extract, Sweet Almond Seed Extract.

6 comments:

  1. I have totally empathy with you on the eyelash front, mine are pretty similar. Never heard of this before, was actually considering a conditioning treatment but never found one in existence. Thanks for this post, will definitely be sourcing!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has the main purpose of rejuvenating hair follicles through feeding these with the correct nutrients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basically, there are a few products out now that contain a few natural ingredients that can assist to grow eyelashes quickly and safely. The good thing about such products is the fact that they are not carrying the similar side effects of most synthetic products, not to mention that these are also less expensive compared to others.


    From Blogger,
    Aliya Smith
    eyelashes-grow-back.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for commenting. It is great there are now a much wider range of natural alternatives to lash conditioners :)

      Delete
  4. Having a longer lashes is a dream for a girl. Good that there is eyelash conditioner are available nowadays.

    ReplyDelete