Monday 3 September 2012

It's No Green-Wash

I was recently asked if I would like to try some of the make-up products from alva, a German skincare and cosmetics brand. Always looking to find new and exciting products, I leapt at the chance and boy, am I glad I did! This post brings another multipurpose, space saving, must-have product for your kit - it's getting to be a habit I know, but this one may just top the rest...

alva Green Equinox


From time to time you discover a product that completely blows you away and this brilliant collection of mineral powders does just that. Amongst the best mineral powders I have come across, the Green Equinox collection is a versatile range of mineral powders inspired by natures rich palette of colours. The beautiful collection features 24 powders in a number of different finishes, including; matte, satin and shimmer and with great names such as; 'Arcane' (a bright grey/green with golden pearl sheen), 'Home of Phoenix' (a matte, mid-toned grey) and 'Royal Flush' (metallic silver), they are certain to catch your eye!


Completely versatile, this truly is a multipurpose product and can used alone or mixed with other products to create your own, tailor-made cosmetic collection; from nail polish to lip gloss, this powder is far more than a run of the mill eye shadow.

Incredibly easy to use, the powder can be applied with a brush directly onto the eyelids or cheeks if you are using as a shadow or highlighter, or mixed with water to create an eyeliner. Alternatively, blend the powder with a small amount of clear gloss, water or Aloe Vera gel to create a lipgloss or stain of your choice and if that wasn't enough for you, the Green Equinox powders can also be added to a few drops of clear nail polish, so you can create some beautiful nail colours.

Incredibly fine and velvety in texture, the powder is free from mineral oils, Parabens, paraffin, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS), colourants, caffine and alcohol. Certified by ECOCERT, Green Equinox is vegan friendly and of course, completely cruelty-free.

The powders are simply packaged in clear, stackable pots and priced at only £7.50 for a 2.25g pot, you get a lot of product for the money as I found that a little goes a long way.

Available in the UK from alva


Alva Naturkosmetik are a German company that were introduced to the UK in 2007. The alva range of natural and organic cosmetics is not tested on animals and is approved by PETA, and includes vegan and Ecocert certified organic make-up and skin care products.

www.alvanaturalskincare.co.uk


Ingredients:
Zea Mays Starch*, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil*, Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil*, Oenothera Biennis Oil*, Yeast Polysaccharide, Vitis Vinifera Leaf Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid
MAY CONTAIN (+/-): CI 77019, CI 77718, CI 77891, CI 77491

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed in this blog are entirely my own and I am honest in what I write. I am a freelance Make-up Artist and am NOT affiliated with any company or brand, therefore I remain imparticial and unbiased towards one organisation.
Unless otherwise stated, the products reviewed have been purchased by me. On occasion I am sent products to try, however I will always state if I have been sent a product. As a matter of principle (and time) I will not review any product that I do not like or use in the course of my work as a Make-up Artist, regardless of whether I purchased it myself or was sent it.
 

1 comment: