Friday 1 February 2013

Moisturise


Skincare isn't a topic that I have written much about during the life of my blog; my last, non-christmas posts were actually a three-part series for someone else (You can read them here, here and here). Make-up, my main focus, is something I feel generally much more comfortable writing about and discussing. I decided however that it is high time to add some Skincare products into the mix and thought I'd share with you a moisturiser that has become a real and very recent favourite...


Mary Elizabeth Bodycare Rose and Frankincense Moisturiser

I was kindly sent this moisturiser a few months ago by online organic store Lucy Rose who were on the search for bloggers to trial some products. I have to admit that I hadn't heard of Mary Elizabeth Bodycare until this point and so had to do a bit of reach to find out more about the product I was going to be testing.
The Rose and Frankinsence moisturiser is an intensely hydrating cream, packed with Viamin E and Jojoba oils which leave you feeling really moisturised after application. Although my thirty-something skin is in reasonable shape and anti-ageing qualities aren't something I actively look for a product, the Frankincense and Rose essential oils are traditionally used for this very thing and are well known to benefit maturing skins.

The consistency of (and forgive the comparison here) mayonnaise, it is easy to work into the skin and doesn't leave you feeling greasy and can be used both as a day and night cream. I am always a sucker for products containing rose oil, the scent is heavenly and not particularly strong - a very delicate rose fragrance with, I feel, slightly woody undertones.

I have a tendency to chop and change my moisturisers throughout the year as the weather changes - my winter skin has a tendency to be dry and sensitive to the climate, resulting in tightness, flaky patches, redness - overall a little sad. This being the case, I like a moisturiser to make my skin really feel hydrated and soft throughout the day and not just for the first hour or so.
 

If you a looking for a light fluid product then this may not be for you, however it does not feel overly heavy on application, so I do recommend giving it a go. This for me is very much a winter moisturiser and one I definitely know that I will be reaching for again come October.

Rose and Frankincense Moisturiser is available online at Lucy Rose or Mary Elizabeth Bodycare and is priced at £21.50 for a 50g jar.

Mary Elizabeth Bodycare Ltd launched in June 2012 and was the vision of Aromatherapist Cecilia Rathe. After suffering from skin cancer, Rathe, along with her daughter Claire, was inspired to produce a range of affordable, natural, organic and eco-friendly skincare products that would soothe her skin following the cancer treatment. There are currently four products in the range, all of which are free from palm oil, Parabens and SLS and are cruelty-free.
A new, oil range is due for release in 2013.


Ingredients:
(*denotes organic certified)
Aqua, Buxus Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Thistle) Seed Oil*, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Tocopherol (Vitamin E Oil), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Beta Vulgaris (Sea Satin) Extract, Caprylic Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Boswellia Carterii (Frankincense) Oil*, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Oil*, Lavandula Augustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Dehydroacetic Acid, Lemonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Citonellol

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed in this blog are entirely my own and I am honest in what I write. I am a freelance Make-up Artist and am NOT affiliated with any company or brand, therefore I remain impartial and unbiased towards one organisation.
Unless otherwise stated, the products reviewed have been purchased by me. On occasion I am sent products to try, however I will always state if I have been sent a product. As a matter of principle (and time) I will not review any product that I do not like or use in the course of my work as a Make-up Artist, regardless of whether I purchased it myself or was sent it. What's the point?

Image courtesy of Mary Elizabeth Bodycare and Pauline Morgan (Kirsten Jennifer Rose)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment