Friday 29 November 2013

Luminous Vapours

It's been a while since I shared a foundation with you. I am always on the lookout for new foundations for my kit and I had my eye on this particular one for a while before I got around to ordering some. In retrospect I'm not sure I should've waited so long!

Vapour Beauty Atmosphere Luminous Foundation

House in a traditional Panstick style tube, Atmosphere Luminous is a lovely thick and creamy foundation that gives a medium coverage (verging on the lighter end of medium). I generally either use a brush to apply any cream based foundation but if you are using it yourself then you could apply directly from the stick or with a sponge however like with most pansticks, it benefits from being warmed up on the back of your hand prior to application.

The foundation is not quite matte; more satin. The light reflective particles are not big enough to be distracting but give the skin a soft, natural glow and camera-ready finish. Being oil and wax based it does require a little translucent powder to make it stay in place however it doesn't absorb huge amounts like some creamy foundations and so you only need a light dusting to set it.

Luminous foundation contains Lotus flowers and Vitamin E which moisturise and nourish the skin whilst Frankincense sooths and protects. Technically designed for dry to normal skin types, I am hesitant when I write this because I am not completely convinced about how it looks on drier skins (my own included). Vapour also produce Soft Focus; a liquid foundation (which I also love) and although I need to compare them a little more, I think this may be preferable for those with drier skins.

One of the reasons I love Vapour Beauty foundations is for the tonal spectrum within the range. Available in twelve shades, Luminous foundation (as with all Vapour foundations) caters for most skin tones from very fair to very dark with varying undertones. The shades blend easily so they can be mixed and matched to tailor-make exact skin tones - perfect!

I am a big fan of Pansticks; they are great products to have in your kit as a little goes a long way and they are pretty compact and comparatively light in weight when compared to bottle of liquid foundation - plus there is less wastage than with a bottled or tube base as you can get right to the very bottom of the tube!

As I tend to carry a range of foundations in my kit and being as foundation is never the cheapest of purchases (especially when you have to restock a number at a time), I was overjoyed when I discovered that you can purchase these fantastic 2gm travel-sized miniatures in some of the shades. These are a perfect size for both a pro kit and a personal bag and ideal if you aren't too sure of the exact shade your require, however I believe they are limited edition so get in quick!

Priced at £35.00 for a 9gm tube it is reasonably good value for money as a little goes a long way. Full size products are available in the UK from Content, however if you wish to purchase a mini panstick for $15.00** then take a look at the Vapour Beauty website and order direct.

Based in the mountain town of Taos, New Mexico, Vapour Beauty is the brainchild of company founders Krysia Boinis and Kristine Keheley and industry insider Eric Sakas. Vapour Beauty products are 100% natural, gluten and cruelty free and are produced using wind power!


(**excluding shipping and taxes)

Ingredients:
(*Denotes organic - minimum 70% )
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil*, Cera Alba* (Beeswax), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Essential Oils & Natural Fruit Essences, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Boswellia Serrata (Frankincense), Ocimum Sanctum* (Tulsi/Holy Basil), Organic/Bio Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus Flowers)
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019)

Main Image: Nicolas A Tonelli
Body Image: Vapour Beauty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment