Monday 17 March 2014

Top Five: Orange Lips

After the sultry, deeper tones of the autumn and winter I always get a little excited when I see the little pops of colour that surely signal the start of spring.This coming season is certainly no different and many of those splashes of colour have taken the form of an orange lip.
Orange can be a bold choice for a lip colour, so if you don't fancy going all out citrusy then try using a tinted balm to create a faint wash of colour or filling the lip with a pencil before applying a clear gloss (or leaving it as it is).

Believe it or not orange lipstick is pretty damn hard to find - at least the clean ones are (if you come across any more then please give me a shout!). Not one to fall at the first hurdle, I have hunted high and low and tracked down five of the best tangerine toned lips products.

Here are my Top Five suggestions for creating the perfect orange lip...

Ilia Beauty Tinted Lip Conditioner in Dizzy (+)

This additon is surely no surprise as rarely does a top five post seem to go by these days without a mention of this Canadian brand. Perfect for those wishing to simply hint at the idea of an orange lip; this tinted conditioner is a lovely melon orange that coats your lips with a moisture rich wash of colour.

£22.00 from Content


Red Apple Lipstick in Firefly (+)

If you like a bit of a sparkle to your lippy then Firefly may be just up your street. A soft gold-flecked tangerine that can be built up to your desired depth of colour. Gluten, paraben, fragrance, nut, corn and soy free; I have yet to try the Red Apple Lipsticks but have so far heard nothing but good things and this one is definitely on my must try list.

$23.50 from Red Apple Lipstick

Scout Cosmetics Mineral Lipstick in Courage

I love bringing new brands to the table and Scout is one Aussie brand that I haven't featured before. Courage is a zesty hot coral orange that packs a lot of punch. Long lasting and super nourishing it is rich in Shea butter, Vitamin E and Jojoba oil - and of course orange!

AU$35.95 from Scout



Bite Beauty Lip Crayon in Clemetine

I love this acid orange crayon from Bite Beauty. Produced using the wax from orange peel, Clementine has a long lasting, moisture rich formula and a fabulous matte finish (I love a matte lip). Sadly I believe these crayons are limited edition; so get your hands on one whilst you can!

$24.00 from Sephora (US site)*


Emotional Brilliance Liquid Lipstick from Lush in Vibrance

What's in a name? This shimmering sunset orange is a bold choice however a lighter hand and a bit of blotting and it makes for a softer finish. Rich in rose and candelilla waxes and jojoba oil, Vibrance looks great on all skin tones and can even double up as a highlighter for darker skins or even an eyeshadow.

£14.50 from Lush


Love orange? I have been a little obsessed of late...Check out my Top Five Tangerine Nails and my Top Five Orange Shadows

*Sephora now ship to the UK for a £10.00 flat rate if you spend over £75.00 (not difficult I assure you)
+ May not be suitable for Vegans

Main image courtesy of: Squidoo
Body Images: Lush, Bite Beauty, Scout Cosmetics, Red Apply Lipstick & Ilia Beauty
 

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to get my hands on some bite beauty products for ages! Do you know if there's anywhere I can purchase it in the UK? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Livvy
      Sadly Bite Beauty is only available in the UK via Sephora US. Annoying but at least you can get it. You need to spend $75.00 I think it is to get the cheap UK postage so I suggest seeing if any friends want anything and splitting the costs - I do this :)
      L x

      Delete