Friday 28 November 2014

Make-up: Luva Huva Autumn/Winter Collection 2014


A few weeks back I shared a couple of images from a shoot I worked on over the summer. Midnight Garden is the new Autumn/Winter 2014 collection from ethical lingerie line Luva Huva; a sumptuous yet sexy range of handmade underwear produced using ethically sourced and sustainable fabrics such as organic cotton, bamboo and soy. 

I had three briefs for the shoot, however because of the number of clothing changes (over a hundred) time was limited so the base remained the same though out the day and I just changed the lips and added to the eyes as and when necessary.

I began by prepping Nicola's skin with Ren Evercalm Cleansing Milk and Global Protection Day Cream and dotted a little Balance Me Wonder Eye cream around her eyes before applying Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation and The Organic Pharmacy Concealer. I then lightly contoured with a cream blush from Une Beauty and applied a small amount of cream blush to her cheekbones.

Nicola has naturally strong, full brows which needed very little work so I simply tidied them with my Rae Morris #18 Brow Brush, filling any gaps using a custom blend of matte Couleur Caramel Eyeshadows applied using a Louise Young Angled Brow Brush, and set them with a little Lavera Style & Care Gel.

On her body I used camouflage cream to disguise any blemishes and tattoos before liberally coating her with (my now trusty) Madara Tinting Fluid in Sunflower to create the glowing skin required for the shoot. On Nicola's nails I used Red Magnolia from Sante.


The first set of shots required a natural, flawless make-up which simply enhanced her natural beauty. I  simply applied a wash of a nude shadow to the lids before lightly defining the socket bone with a soft brown shadow from Couleur Caramel. I then put a little more emphasis on the outer corners before running a slightly deeper line of colour along the lash line and finishing with a couple of coats of Ilia Beauty Mascara in Nightfall. On the lips I applied Une Beauty Lip Toned Colour.


The second series of shots required an on trend soft plum/pink toned eye and a seasonal berry lip, so for these I used a selection of shadows from Couleur Caramel washed lightly over the lid and socket and a blend of lipstick from my palette (I think Dr Hauschka Rose Quartz and a Couleur Caramel one - I should always write it down..).


For the final look we had to rewind a little and remove the deeper tones of the previous series; it called for a lazy sunday feel. I toned down the plum toned eye but kept the definition in the socket line and then swapped out the berry lip for a blend of Madeira High Pigment Pencil (Bite Beauty) and a pinky toned red (I can't remember which) from Couleur Caramel.

I didn't want the make-up to become too caked over the course of the day so limited my use of powder to the truly essential times (and areas) - a little dab of Realist X Polisher from W3ll People with a Louise Young Powder Brush.

The collection is beautiful and to see it (and my make-ups) in full visit www.luvahuva.co.uk 


Hair and Make-up: Laura Jane Sessions - Photography: Rachel Manns - Model: Nicola de Leeuw


No comments:

Post a Comment