Monday 16 February 2015

RMS Beauty Tinted Un Powder Launch


On Thursday night I journeyed into central London to the mecca of clean beauty Content for what I am sure will be one of my highlights of 2015; an exclusive make-up event with Rose-Marie Swift, founder of the eco-luxe make-up line RMS Beauty.

The evening was held in celebration of the newly launched Tinted Un Powders and, as you will see from the distinct lack of photographs, I was too engrossed in the evening's proceedings to remember to take any.

Rather than your standard sit down make-up demo, the evening was more of an informal chat with Rose-Marie demonstrating various application techniques whilst talking nineteen to the dozen about everything from the existing range to new product launches, clean beauty to Kim Kardashian and the art of contouring...

I'm going to put it out there now... I was more than a little excited about the prospect of meeting Rose-Marie and the evening certainly did not disappoint - and neither did she. *warning - there may be a little gushing*

Rose-Marie is not your average Make-up Artist. She is a remarkable woman who's passion for clean beauty goes beyond that of many. She is utterly brilliant. Funny; chatty; inspiring; talented and very, very smart.

The whole ethos of RMS Beauty is that less is most definitely more. The range is designed to be used minimally; enhancing natural beauty and not caking your face in product. Rose-Marie showed us how to highlight features, apply contour, define brows and so much more.

Unfortunately I had to leave after the first hour however I could easily have stayed into the next day. Every moment was packed full of snippets of information, sneaky make-up tricks and some amazing and unexpected things you can do with a pot of RMS goodness.

I am a firm believer that you never stop learning and even though I am over seventeen years into my career, I left feeling I had so much more to learn. Truly Inspiring.

But on to the powder...

Tinted UnPowder in 2-3


Did you know you needed a tinted version of Un Powder? I didn't, but I do now....

If you have ever tried Un Powder, you will know how finely milled it is. Made of 100% pure silica, it has the softest, most silky texture you can imagine; the ultimate in loose translucent powder and a firm favourite in my kit. Tinted Un Powder is the same but tinted. 

Available in three shades, Tinted Un Powder adds a hint of colour whilst ticking all the boxes; minimising the appearance of pores, absorbing oil and softening the skin. Designed to work in synergy with Un Cover-up (the RMS Beauty bases), the powders adapt to the shade you are using them with and add a greater intensity of colour your your base.

I purchased a pot of the mid toned powder (2-3) and can't wait to crack it open and have a good play.

Priced at £28.00 it is available in store or online from Content.


Have you tried Tinted Un Powder yet?


RMS Beauty was established in 2008 and is the brainchild of New York based Make-up Artist Rose-Marie Swift. After suffering her own health problems and concerned by the levels of toxins in many traditional brands, Rose-Marie looked to creating a range of luxury make-up products that did not compromise the well-being of the wearer.



Ingredients:
Silica, Iron Oxides: CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499


Images: Laura Jane Sessions - Organic Make-up Artist

6 comments:

  1. Waaah I'm so jealous! I was desperate to go but couldn't due to work and i was only round the corner a few tube stops away. It sounds fabulous! You are so lucky! Lovely review and recap of the night, glad you enjoyed it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      It's so infuriating when that happens isn't it? It was a great night (not to rub it in), hopefully you can make it next time.
      L x

      Delete
  2. Love this post :) The tinted version of this product looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      It is a lovely powder, I didn't think I needed one but of course I *had* to buy it... Worth a try if you get the chance.
      L x

      Delete
  3. Wow what an amazing opportunity to meet Rose Marie! So cool! I haven't tried the Un Powder yet but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amber
      I know!! So exciting. She is a marvel.
      It is a lowly powder so do try when you next come to town :)
      L x

      Delete