Monday 15 July 2013

I C What You C


This post was originally scheduled for last month however I replaced it with 'Learning Your A, BB,CC's, a post that I felt was a better introduction to the world of Beauty Balms and Colour Correcting creams...


Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream

Over the course of a few online shopping sprees (for purely essential items I assure you) I ordered a few samples of what is currently the only organic CC Cream available on the market. These pocket sized 5ml tubes were a perfect and cheap (ish) introduction to what is an expensive but lovely product.

According to the blurb this Colour Corrector is a 12 in 1 Multi-tasker which..
  • Repairs damage
  • Evens skin tone & texture
  • Firmas & improves elasticity
  • Reduces fine lines & wrinkles
  • Creates a radiant, glowing complexion
  • Balances skin tone
  • Rich in antioxidants
  • Protects with chemical free SPF 30 - mineral tinted coverage
  • Ultimate moisturiser
  • Skin perfecting colour
  • Great for all skin types
A pretty impressive list of claims!

I applied my CC cream over my regular moisturiser as I did find that my skin needed that little extra hydration, however those with less dry skin will probably manage without doubling up. It is easy to work into the skin but does feel slightly heavier than a regular moisturiser due to (I imagine) the SPF content.

I did certainly notice a diminishing of my (sadly many) fine lines and my skin did look even and certainly glow in a radiant fashion - to the extent that one of my regular male presenters commented on how beautiful my skin looked! This may have been induced by the bag of eclairs that I had just laid out on the makeshift camera box table, however...

Due to this typically dubious British summer we have had so far I admit that the SPF factor has been a little under tested however I will be spending a couple of weeks in Italy later this month and so hopefully I will have a chance to put it to the test.

Currently available in two shades; Natural Glow and Warm Glow. Natural Glow is aimed at us fairer skinned types and looks very pale on initial application, however once it had been worked in it seemed to show very little pigment at all, just balanced my skin tone. Mid tones should opt for the deeper Warm Glow which appears very orangey straight from the tube but, like its counterpart softens its impact once it has been worked in.

I have used Warm Glow a few times on myself to give me a VERY healthy skin tone and if you are naturally fairer and a sunbaked tan is a look you like to rock then this is worth a go but PLEASE blend it well to avoid the streaks and tide marks of your attempted faking...

I have yet to use this CC Cream at work so haven't seem what it looks like on camera or in images but I will update this post once I've had a chance to do so.

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream is priced at £39.00 for 50ml from Naturisimo. Not cheap you have to agree but 5ml samples are available for £3.95. Despite the hefty price tag I will be purchasing a full size tube for my holidays rather than carting around numerous mini tubes.


Ingredients:
(*Denotes certified organic)
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 20%
Inactive Ingredients: Juice Beauty proprietary blend of fruit stem cells: apple buds, grape buds & lemon bark. Organic juices of pyrus malus (organic apple juice)*, vitis vinifera (organic white grape juice)*, aloe barbadensis (organic aloe leaf juice)*, cocos nucifera (organic coconut oil)*, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbitan stearate, ricinus communis (castor seed oil), polyglyceryl-10 laurate, magnesium sulfate, helianthus annuus (organic sunflower seed oil)*, simmondsia chinensis (organic jojoba seed oil)*, tocopherol (Vitamin E), magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (Vitamin C), sodium hyaluronate (vegetable hyaluronic acid), malus sylvestris (apple buds), vitis vinifera (grape buds) & citrus limonum (lemon bark), iron oxides, phenethyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, citrus reticulata (mandarin) & citrus aurantium (petitgrain) pure essential oils.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment