Friday 9 August 2013

Top Five: Primers

Artists prime their canvases before painting to give a better surface to work on and the same goes for Make-up Artists; the face is the canvas. Primers are a great way to help create a flawless base and and even texture before applying make-up to the skin.

My top five organic and natural primers are:


INIKA Pure Primer

This was the first clean primer that I ever used, the very first product I wrote about on my blog and one I still use it to this day. Begin At The Beginning and find out why I love it so much...

£29.50 From INIKA
 
 
 
 

Jane Iredale Absence

This mattifying primer has taken up permanent residence in my kit and I love it! Absence and its slightly tinted sister Absence 2, unlike many other Primers, could possibly be described as a solid cream formula. The coverage is clear and oil control is great. (Blog post to come in the near future)

 
 
 
This Works In Transit Camera Close Up

A cult favourite, Camera Close Up was the brainchild of ex-Vogue Beauty Editor and now International Beauty Director of Condé Nast Asia, Kathy Phillips. Containing caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid to pep up the skin, it is a skin brightening mask, moisturiser and primer in one.

£30.00 from Naturisimo
 
 
 
 
Vapour Beauty Stratus Soft Focus Skin Perfecter

A lovely liquid primer from across the pond. Soft Focus is a 3-in-1 moisturiser, primer and no colour foundation. A great product for evening out skin texture are reducing the appearance of fine lines. Athough they go on clear, Soft Focus is available in three shades to help even the complexions of a variety of skin tones.

£47.00 from Content

 
100% Pure Luminious Primer

I have read some amazing things about this primer and although I haven't tried it as yet, it is definitely on my wish list. Containing light reflecting particles it defuses uneven skin tones and gives a healthy radiance to the face.

£18.00 from 100% Pure
 




images courtesy of: 100% Pure, Vapour Beauty, INIKA Cosmetics, This Works and Jane Iredale
 

2 comments:

  1. great to know I haven't tried any of these thanks for the recommendations ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I thoroughly recommend trying them out, there are some real gems here. Happy priming :)

      Delete