Friday 10 January 2014

Hiding...


I am ever on the hunt for natural and organic concealers that perform well on all fronts and believe it or not, they're are few and far between...


I love the Couleur Caramel make-up range and was overjoyed when I discovered their introduction to the UK before the summer. I have tried many of the products before, having previously ordered directly from the French head office, however I recently caught up with the UK distributer in order to check out the range in full and one of the products that caught my eye was this...

Couleur Caramel Dark Circle Concealer

A good, everyday concealer suitable for covering minor blemishes and under eyeshadows, it blends quickly and can be built up relatively easily to give the preferred amount of coverage, however it is a little thin for full on camouflaging (i.e. hiding tattoos or birthmarks).

Packed full of hydrating sweet almond and baobab oils and shea butter, the concealer has a very lightweight and creamy constancy, however unlike most cream concealers this feels very wet on initial application and is almost (but not quite) akin to a fluid concealer. A couple of light taps with a finger once it has been applied and it dries to a slightly powdery feeling texture.

The main drawback for me, one I come across all to frequently, is that there are only five shades in the range. As with so many natural and organic concealers there are a distinct lack of shades for darker skin tones which as a Make-up Artist is frustrating. The Couleur Caramel concealers span yellow to peach tones at the fairer end of the spectrum.

I am yet to use this concealer on set, however I have been giving it a thorough run-out at my studio (my test ground for all new products) and so far it is standing up well. I will of course keep you updated as I properly introduce it to my kit.

Priced at £12.50 for a 3g pot it does seem a little on the steep side, however you do get a lot of concealer for your money. Available online from Beauty Bazaar and Couleur Caramel UK.

Couleur Caramel was launched in France in 2003 by David Riccole and Cédric Ferreol. Based on the ethos of sustainability, Couleur Caramel was created with aim to bring cutting edge technology to organic make-up; at an affordable price! Couleur caramel has recently been introduced to the UK by Beauty Well.

Ingredients:
(*denote certified organic)
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond Oil)*, Silica, Ricinus Communis Oil (Castor Oil), Candelilla Cera, Carnauba Cera, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Caprylyl Esters, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Squalane, Adonsonia Digitata (Baobab) Seed oil, Tocopherol, Decyl Olivate, Squalene, Natural Fragrance, Citral, Linanool, Limonene
[+/- may contain: CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77288]


Main image: Alexander Krishner

Body Image: Couleur Caramel UK
 

2 comments:

  1. I've tried this concealer and LOVE it!
    I also reviewed it on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam
      It is a lovely light concealer. Send me a link, I would love to read your review too :)
      L x

      Delete