Tuesday 21 January 2014

Top Five: Organic Black Mascara

A few months ago I wrote about my top five organic brown mascaras and have decided it it is high time I spilt the beans on my current quintet of organic black mascaras.

It is worth bearing in mind that I am talking about the mascara principally and the wand secondarily (at work I usually use a disposable wand rather than the wand provided for hygiene purposes) but if you want length, definition, volume or the ultimate false lash effect? I have them all covered.

Here are my Top Five Organic Black Mascaras...


The Big One - Lavera Intense Volume Mascara


Possibly one of the first clean volumising mascaras I ever used, this is still a mainstay of my kit. You may need a couple of coats but this vegan friendly mascara has a chunky bristled wand to give volume and definition to your lashes.

£12.90 from Pravera






The Versatile One - Couleur Caramel Long Lash Mascara

This is probably one of the most frequently used mascaras in my kit (I have all the colour variations) and is designed to give beautiful long lashes. A water-based formulation, it is ideal for the most sensitive of eyes. It looks great on camera and can be built up easily for added va-va-voom!

The Sophisticated One - Ilia Beauty Mascara in Nightfall

This really is a lovely organic Mascara, I raved about two of the brown versions in my previous top five mascara post and this one is no less impressive. The intensity of the colour, yet the natural finish is a winning combination for understated yet glamorous lashes.

£22.00 from Content







The New One - Neals Yard Remedies Lengthening Mascara

This is my most recent black mascara acquisition and boy am I glad that I made it! A beautiful inky black that provides curl and lift to even the straightest of lashes. I am not going to say too much more because I have a post about this mascara coming in a couple of weeks...
£16.00 from Neals Yard Remedies


The Daily One - Dr Hauschka Mascara

I do love a Dr H Mascara. My go-to daily choice for lash wear, I love the ease with which it can be applied and the natural yet buildable finish defines the lashes beautifully. Rich in jojoba oil and beeswax, the mascara moisturises the lashes whilst tea extract strengthens them.

£16.65 from Naturisimo









If you are not quite up for going the whole hog with the organic thing then I will be putting together a post in the next few months on my top five natural mascaras, so keep an eye out... (sorry ;)

Main Image: Laura Jane Sessions - Organic Make-up Artist
Body Images: Lavera, Neals Yard Remedies, Couleur Caramel, Ilia Beauty, Dr Hauschka

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm quite new in the organic/natural makeup, but the mascara I've tried and liked a lot is by Green People Organics. The only negative about this mascara is that it dries really quickly (max. 2 months).
    I've also tried Honeybee Gardens mascara, but it doesn't do ANYTHING for my lashes. :(
    Can't wait to try some mascaras from your list.
    Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Manuela, thanks for getting in touch.
      The green people one is nice I agree. Mascaras on the whole are really only good for 3-4 months before drying and flaking but some natural ones do dry up quicker due to the lack of preservatives.
      I haven't tried the Honeybee one but there are some more lovely mascaras out there (to be honest was hard to narrow it down!).
      Let me know how you get on
      Laura :)

      Delete