Friday 20 June 2014

Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Madeira

Whether accompanied by a deep and dark smokey eye, a barely there base or a vibrant splash of colour, Nude lips are always a winner and look great day or night, at any time of year. I recently got my hands on a nude that has well and truly made itself at home in my pro kit...


High Pigment Pencil in Madeira from Bite Beauty

You may recall that I asked a kindly relative to pick this up for me on a recent trip to New York and I am so glad that it made it's ways cross the Atlantic to my little corner of South East London. Over the past couple of years I have read so many positive things about Bite Beauty and their lip products that I knew when I had the opportunity I must give then a whirl!


One of twenty one shades, Madeira is a nude pink lip colour that errs more towards the pink than the nude. With more than a little of a peachy undertone, the opaque shade is quite light in colour and may not be to everyones taste as it is quite a bold choice for a nude - it would make for a lovely modern twist on a sixties lip colour! 

Described in the blurb as a matte lip colour, matte is something I can assure you it most certainly is not. In my opinion the finish is more of a satin, not overly glossy admittedly but certainly not matte. Not what I was expecting I admit as I generally prefer a matte lip for my kit with the option of adding shine as I need it, but none the less it has turned out to be a positive purchase.

(No matter how many images I took, I could not get a accurate representation of the colour - this is as near as I could get!)

The coverage is good however it can look a little patchy if not applied with care, as it does seem slip a little on occasion; this doesn't seem to happen with my orange version (post to come) that I received at the same time and so I would be interested to see what happens with other shades in the range.

Housed in a steely grey coat, the Pencil takes the form of a retractable/screw-up-able lipstick pen. The pen-style design seems to be lighter than a traditional lipstick bullet (although I am not sure if this is just psychological - it feels like it should be lighter), it is the perfect size for popping in a small bag on a night out, as well as being convenient for kit usage.

Despite my slight issue with patching (as I say this hasn't happens with my other shade), I really like Madeira and it has already made itself at home in my kit and on more than one occasion, in my own bag! I haven't as yet used it on a broadcast job as yet (I hope to very soon) but it has been brought out on a couple of occasions when a nude lip was required; namely a bridal make-up and a photo shoot. I will certainly be adding to my collection and am already purusing the colour chart to see what shade I should plump for next!

Priced at $24.00, the pencil is available on-line from Sephora - who, as I am sure you are aware, now ship to the UK from their US site.

Ingredients:
(*denotes certified organic)
Organic Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Silica, Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Organic Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Tocopherol, Natural Flavor, Trans-Resveratrol, Vitis Vinefera (Grapeseed) Oil, Siraitia Grosvenori (Monk Fruit).
May Contain: Mica (Ci 77019)*, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)*, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)*, Carmine (Ci 75470)*, Fd&C Blue No. 1 (Ci 42090), Fd&C Yellow No. 5 (Ci 19140), Fd&C Yellow No. 6 (Ci 15985), Fd&C Red No. 40 (Ci 16035), D&C Red 6 (Ci 15850), D&C Red 7 (Ci 15850), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742)*

Main Image: Courtesy of Walt Disney Productions & RKO Radio Pictures via sogoodblog.com
Body Image: Laura Jane Sessions - Organic Make-up Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment