Wednesday 20 May 2015

H&M Launch Conscious Beauty Line

Swedish high street retailer are relaunching their beauty line. Usually I wouldn't take a great deal of notice in this news, however in this occasion I am all ears for they are apparently including a range of ECOCERT approved products!


The Conscious Beauty line has been designed to aline with the company's Conscious clothing collection and in part replaces the existing range of make-up and skincare - a new premium collection will be released at the same time.

ECOCERT have two levels of certification; Natural; where a minimum of 50% of the ingredients must be all-plant based and 5% must be organically produced and Natural and Organic; where a minimum of 95% natural and 10% organic ingredients is required.

H&M have said that the line will be free from parabens, silicone, GMO, synthetic frgrances and also be dye-free (synthetic I presume) however I am unsure as to which certification the products will be carrying as yet. A full list of the product ingredients will be available on the H&M website on their release.

I hope the collection isn't just limited to online and flagship store sales. An certified natural/organic range widely available in a high street fashion store is much needed; I will be waiting with baited breath to see how the range performs and if those eco-credentials aren't just a passing phase...

It's early days and I don't have much more information at present however the collection launches in September 2015, so I will update this post as and when I have further details.


What do you think about a big high street chain launching a clean beauty line? Would you buy it?


2 comments:

  1. Ooh this is exciting as long as the ingredients are good! Thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amber
      I know, I am more than a little excited at the prospect however there is certainly an element of dread that the collection may just be a flash in the pan or be not quite as clean as they make out. Only time will tell....
      L x

      Delete