Monday 11 January 2016

YTTP Age Prevention Firm & Brighten Serum

Occasionally a product comes along which completely and unexpectedly blows your mind and potentially revolutionises your approach to skincare. One such product was kindly sent to me in mid November and on first use the phrase OH MY GOODNESS (loudly, hence the capitals), was repeated numerous times to anyone who would listen - including the cat!

Being of a sceptical nature when it comes to beauty claims (particularly age defying ones), I don't usually expect to see instant results when I use a product, however from the first application there was a noticeable change in the appearance and feel of my skin. My face looked instantly perkier; fine lines seemed to have diminished; my skin looked really velvety and felt amazing soft to the touch; even the other half commented on how great my skin looked! I don't wish to continue waxing lyrical but in short, I was bowled over.

Described as multifunctional and high performance, the Serum is light and very fluid (a couple of pumps of the bottle is plenty to cover my face and neck). On application the clear serum glides easily over the skin and leaves a slight tacky residue on the surface which quickly subsides. I love the scent. It smells healthy - one whiff and I am sure you will understand what I mean.

So what makes this serum so special (and smell so healthy)? Alongside the superfood extracts of Kale, spinach and Aloe Vera, the serums three key ingredients are Tripeptide-37, Crosslinked Hyaluronic Acid and Chelated Vitamin C (Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate).

        Occurring naturally in the human body, Hyaluronic Acid (HA) plays a vital role in retaining moisture and maintains skins elasticity. As we age naturally occurring HA levels reduce and the skin thins, becoming dehydrate but if applied topically, HA replaces some of the lost moisture and the skins appearance improves.

         Vitamin C helps to minimise the appearances fine lines, improves firmness and brightens the complexion.

          Tripeptide-37 is a synthetic ingredient designed to encourage the skins production of collagen and kick start the healing process. Tripeptide-37 37 is allegedly clinically proven to reduce wrinkles in 28 days, reduce wrinkle depth by 88%, improves smoothness by 45% and increase collagen by up to 175%!

I have never used an acid based serum before and to be honest didn't know quite what to expect. It may not be to everyones taste, each to their own; I have quite dehydrated skin which is prone to sensitivity and redness. I also can't prove or disprove those stats but I can say that from just a couple of weeks of use, the Tri-Pep-37 and friends seem to be doing something good.

There has to be a downside and the one negative of this serum is the inclusion of Phenoxyethanol. An ingredient I generally try to avoid, this is where I am torn I admit - I love this serum and it seems to be doing wonders for my skin but am battling over whether to re-purchase or not... I will finish the bottle and consider my options... hmmm... 


Youth To The People Serum is priced at £43.00 and available from A Beautiful World



Youth To The People are a modern eco-lux skincare brand used in California. Inspired by their Grandmother, YTTP design and produce their products in small batches. All of the three products are free from Soap, Sulfates, Phthalates, synthetic fragrance and added colour and are housed in beautiful, minimalist glass.





Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-37, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Brassica Oleracea (Kale) Leaf Extract, Spinacea Oleracea (Spinach) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Brassica Oleracea (Kale) Leaf Oil, Superoxide Dismutase, L-Tyrosine, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate

1 comment:

  1. this sounds lovely! Bummer about the phenoxyethanol though. That's a tough one! great post :)

    stop by and chat with me ♥ http://storybookapothecary.com

    ReplyDelete