Monday 15 October 2012

One Year On...

Just over a year ago I wrote my first blog post. Time has flown and I can't believe a year has passed so quickly! I actually overlooked the actual anniversary in late August and so thought I'd celebrate now and take a moment to reflect - albeit belatedly...

One of the great things about being a Make-up Artist is that you get to play with products; getting to gips with their texture and colour, how they feel and look on the skin and how long they last, are all part of the playing process. This process is vital when it comes to understanding products and how they perform and is something I do, or have done, with all the products I choose to write about and use (or not use) in my kit.
I love writing this blog and sharing my thoughts and findings on a whole range of products. By the same token, I always love hearing your thoughts about the products that I write about. Part of blog writing for me is the exchange of ideas and a number of times I have found some previously undiscovered gems thanks to one of you. So do keep the product suggestions and ideas coming!







As some of you may know, I gave birth to my daughter in early May and this (together with her firm belief that sleep is unnecessary), has meant that there haven't been as many blog posts as I would've liked in recent months. My original plan, to resume normal service in the summer, has obviously been delayed however I am still aiming to get back to the former two-post week as soon as possible, so please bare with me. There are a number of posts in the pipeline and some exciting ideas and developments that I hope to share with you later in the year.



In the meantime, there are a couple of other ways that you can keep in touch and find out more about what I am up to:
If like me, you like a bit of a tweet, you will find me on Twitter. In addition to comments about organic and natural make-up, it's an opportunity to follow my adventures as a Make-up Artist and hear about new discoveries and make-up purchases. It's always great to hear from people too, so why not say hello?



If tweeting ain't your bag, then I do have a Facebook account (which I update a little less frequently than my twitter account admittedly - but I'm working on it). On Facebook there are links to blog posts as they are published, plus a few extra bits such as photographs, links to interesting articles and the like.


Finally, a big thank you to you all for reading. I appreciate all of the support and lovely comments I have received over the course of the blog so far. I hope you continue to follow and enjoy my organic journey.


Here's to another year of writing!


Laura x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment