Monday 7 April 2014

New York Haul

A family member recently visited New York on business and as she was leaving these shores kindly offered to pick up some make-up bits and pieces for me. Ever frustrated by the number of products that are available in the US and not here, of course I kept at the chance!

Knowing that on this occasion her shopping time (together with my product choosing time) was going to be limited, I asked her to pick up just three items. Rather than sending her running this way and that I plumped for products that were all available in just one store; Sephora (possibly an obvious choice)...

I first came across this cheek colour on British Beauty Blogger a couple of months ago and I knew that I had to get my hands on some. A few years ago I had (and loved) the Screenface Barely Blushing Gel in my kit (in various shades) and I have been on the lookout for a cleaner alternative ever since.

Described as a dewy gel blush that is build able and blendable. A twist on a cream blush, it is a hydrating cheek stain that is infused with 50% pure coconut water, with colour which can last up to 14 hours - amazing!

Available in six shades, I chose Poppy Paradise; a warm toned hot pink. I actually sat looking at the opened pot for quite some time before I tried it (I am sure you will understand why when you look at the photo). Simply beautiful to just look at.

I have been hankering for a bit of a Bite for a long while and haven't managed to get hold of any - until now :)

A long-lasting, matte lip pencil (you know I love a matte lip) that works in the same way as a traditional lipstick, the BB High Pigment Pencil contains the same amount of Resveratrol as five glasses of red wine! What better excuse to wear lip colour of you need..?

I opted for Madeira; a nude pink. Nude can be such a tricky colour to get right. Not all nudes are nude after all.

My second pick from BB was this lip crayon. When I was putting together my Top Five: Orange Lips post recently I stumbled across this crayon and knew that I had to try it.

A moisture-rich, matte-finish lipstick with a delicious citrus scent; the crayon is limited edition and comes in six vibrant shades

My choice had to be Clementine; bold citrus orange

Samples

I was pleasantly surprised to see that a couple of samples had been included in my little bag of delights; Philosophy Purity Cleanser and Tata Harper Restorative Eye Cream. I haven't tried either of these products before, but who knows, they could make it onto my bathroom shelf too.

I hadn't tried any of these products before and my choices were part review led, part guess work so I am looking forward to giving them all a proper go over the next couple of weeks.

Thankfully the afore mentioned relative will be taking twice yearly trips across the pond for the foreseeable and so I am already compiling my next shopping list...


Note: As I in mentioned in a recent post, Sephora has now started shipping to the UK (subject to a minimum spend in order of $75.00 to receive the best shipping rate of $10.0).

Ingredients:
(Denotes *Natural. **Certified organic)

Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Cheek Gelee
Water*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice*, Glycerin, Isopropyl Isostearate*, Cetearyl Alcohol*, Isostearyl Hydroxystearate*, Methyl Gluceth-20*, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth-20*, Butylene Gycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil**, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA.
May Contain: Red 40 (CI 16035), Red 27 (CI 45410), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090).
Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil
Organic Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil**, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil**, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax)**, Silica*, Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil**, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter**, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax*, Organic Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax**, Tocopherol*, Natural Flavor*, Trans-Resveratrol*, Vitis Vinefera (Grapeseed) Oil*, Siraitia Grosvenori (Monk Fruit)*.
May Contain: Mica (Ci 77019)*, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)*, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)*, Carmine (Ci 75470)*, Fd&C Blue No. 1 (Ci 42090), Fd&C Yellow No. 5 (Ci 19140), Fd&C Yellow No. 6 (Ci 15985), Fd&C Red No. 40 (Ci 16035), D&C Red 6 (Ci 15850), D&C Red 7 (Ci 15850), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742)*.

Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon
Organic Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil**, Acacia Decurrens Wax*, Jojoba Wax*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax*, Polyglyceryin-3*, Polyhydroxystearic Acid*, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)**, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax)**, Silica*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Wax*, Coco-Caprylate*, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Natural Flavor*, Tocopherol*, Trans-Resveratrol*, Vitis Vinefera (Grape) Vine Extract*, Siraitia Grosvenorii (Monk Fruit Concentrate)*.
[+/- May Contain: Mica (Ci 77019)*, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)*, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)*, Carmine (Ci 75470)*, Fd&C Blue No. 1 (Ci 42090), Fd&C Yellow No. 5 (Ci 19140), Fd&C Yellow No. 6 (Ci 15985), Fd&C Red No. 40 (Ci 16035), D&C Red 6 (Ci 15850), D&C Red 7 (Ci 15850), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742)*].
 

2 comments:

  1. I have one of the Bite Beauty Lip Crayons! I love it, the colours are so pigmented and gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amber
      Beautiful aren't they? I love them - A blog pst is coming very soon :)
      L x

      Delete