Monday 18 August 2014

Pai Skincare Avocado & Jojoba Day Cream

My choice of moisturiser is ever evolving. In fact I don't generally use the same product for very long; a couple of tubes from one brand down and I am usually moving on to the next. In my defence, this is in part research for my kit, but if I am being brutally honest, it is mostly because I am hard to please when it comes to skincare...


Ever on the hunt for the perfect product to suit my very dehydrated, sensitve and fairly dry skin, I have a pretty big list of criteria that a moisturiser has to meet for me to use it more than once or twice. I am one tough cookie when it comes to my moisturiser.

I like my skin to feel moisturised. I don't want a light lotion that disappears in seconds, I want a cream that sits on my skin; that leaves white smears on my face for hours afterwards if it isn't properly worked in; that makes my skin feel soft and smooth all day; that sits on your hand in a blob rather than spreading out; I want... In short I want a moisturiser that If I looked closely enough I would be able to see hundreds of miniature IV drips pumping my skin full of fat globules of moisture 24/7. I kid you not.

I have a few that fit the bill; Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream, Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream, Neal's Yard Remedies Rose & Almond Night Cream (worn during the day)... All these are creams that I return to time after time and this latest aquasition is one that I am positive will join them for years to come.

Pai Avocado & Jojoba Hydrating Day Cream

This moisturiser had been on my radar for a long while but for one reason or another I hadn't had a chance to go beyond testing in in store until recently. I briefly flirted with the idea of picking up a bottle of the Echium & Macadamia Replenishing Day Cream (formally known as Macadamia and Rose Cream), however the small text at the top of the bottle stating Pure Hydration (as supposed to Age Confidence) was what swing it for me.

Richly thick and luxurious in texture, Pai Avocado and Jojoba Day Cream is a moisturiser formulated specifically for dry, sensitive and dehydrated skins. The oil rich formulation provides lashings of vitamin goodness, whilst the combination of Avocado and Jojoba is a winning one. Their moisturising and nourishing properties leave my skin immensely soft and supple and thoroughly hydrated; even hours into the day that recently moisturised feel remains.

The scent is neither particularly avocado-y or jojoba-y. In fact I would say that the fleeting and subtle (very subtle) underlying fragrance is of Geranium oil with a hint of jasmine; striking just the right balance of flowery-ness and woody-ness.

Simply but elegantly housed in the glass Pai Skincare livery, the bottle is pretty weighty and not great for travelling (thank goodness for the travel sizes!) but it looks good on the bathroom shelf... I think you will agree, this moisturiser ticks pretty much every box...

£30.00 from Pai Skincare

Multi-award winning Pai Skincare are a London (UK) based company formulated for sensitve and allergy prone skins and were founded in 2007 by Sarah Brown following the development of a severe skin allergy. Sold in over forty countries, Pai are Certified organic by the Soil Association and carry the Leaping Bunny cruelty-free logo.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil* (Jojoba Oil ), Persea Gratissima Oil* (Avocado Oil), Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil* (Thistle Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin*, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil* (Borage Oil), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter* (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Glucoside - Corn-derived Emulsifier, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil* (Geranium Oil), Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil* (May Chang Oil), Jasminum Grandiflorum Flower Extract* (Jasmine Oil ), Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil* (Sunflower Oil), Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate (Palm Oil derived), Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (Coconut Oil derived) Lactic Acid

No comments:

Post a Comment