Monday 4 August 2014

Top Five: SPF Essentials


With summer being a little slow to get started this year and then somewhat unpredictable when it did actually get here, I for one have been caught out a few times when it comes to protecting my skin. Silly and very unnessacery I know but its a fact; my skin has been a somewhat unflattering shade of lobster.

In a bid to combat the burn, I have put together a few products that I love when it comes to sun protection (shame I didn't bring some of them out sooner!). Some I use in my kit and others I just use myself but all are effective at combating

Here are my Top Five SPF Essentials...



SPF15 Sun Protection Balm by Hurraw!

This lip balm is an essential in my kit and goes everywhere with me; you only need a little (or suffer the consequences of pale lips) but it goes a long way. The Hurraw! SPF15 Sun Protection stick protects the delicate skin on the lips from the suns harmful rays with a clear coating of soothing Chamomile and a little yummy tangerine for added zing.

£4.49 from So Organic     -     www.hurrawbalm.com

Prosun High Protection Sunscreen SPF 30 from Melvita 

I have been using this sunscreen of late and really like it. A mineral sunscreen from natural origins, Melvita ProSun uses nano-free technology to block the suns harmful rays. 

Usually £19.00 from Melvita but currently half price!     -     www.melvita.co.uk



Stem Cellular CC Cream from Juice Beauty

I love this CC cream for everyday use for a large proportion of the year but boy is it thick! On very hot days (for me that is anything over about 24oc!) I can't cope with a heavy base on my skin and so I opt for a sunscreen alone (occasionally mixed with a little tinted moisturiser). When days are a little cooler however this is my base of choice. It tints, moisturises, firms, evens and to top it all has an SPF30 - what more do you want?!

£39.50 from Naturisimo     -     www.juicebeauty.com     


 Pure Pressed Base Mineral Foundation SPF20 from Jane Iredale

A staple of my kit, I love this foundation (especially on men!) and the fact it has an SPF is just an added bonus. A semi-matte refillable powder foundation, Pure Pressed Base not only gives excellent and lightweight coverage for all skin types and tones,  but it also provides broad spectrum SPF 20 coverage and is water resistant for up to 40 minutes! 

Compact £31.89 /  Refill  £26.95 both from Mineral Beauty     -      www.janeiredale.com

Extra Care Natural Protection Moisturiser SPF25 from Balance Me 

Sometimes it's best to just keep things simple and the same goes for skincare. If you don't fancy the faff of foundations, CC Creams or even a separate sunscreen, then a good SPF moisturiser is all you need. Extra Care Natural Protection is an anti-ageing, skin plumping and deeply hydrating moisturiser which is super light and creamy, plus the SPF factor mean that you are protected from UVA and UVB rays to boot!

£26.00 from Balance Me     -     www.balanceme.co.uk

After all that sun there is nothing better than a little light relief for your skin...
Organic Children Aloe Vera Lotion & AfterSun by Green People

Soothed skin in seconds! Deliciously cooling and a real treat for skin that has been caught on a sunny day; I actually prefer this to the Hydrating Aftersun (the adult version). It goes on light but feels rich and creamy on the skin and works as a great body lotion too, meaning you can pack one less product in your suitcase!

£10.50 from Green People     -     www.greenpeople.co.uk


Main Image: Via Medical Daily
Body Images: Green people, Juice Beauty, Jane Iredale, Melvita, Hurraw! Balance Me



No comments:

Post a Comment