Monday 28 January 2013

Vaporise


In the winter I for one am more likely to reach for a foundation than a tinted moisturiser as I find that at this time of year I generally need a little extra coverage, so as I am well overdue a post about foundations, I wanted to share a current kit favourite with you...


Vapour Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation

I am a big fan of liquid bases as I mentioned in my last foundation post, tending to use them more than any other type. After discovering the organic beauty range Vapour in late 2011, their Atmosphere Soft Focus foundation has been a welcome addition to my pro kit and become my own foundation of choice in recent months too.

Soft Focus is free from silicone, an ingredient often used in foundations to provide slip, making them easier to blend and apply. If you are used to non-natural bases, then the idea of using a product without this slippery sucker to assist you can seem daunting and potentially troublesome, but before you are sent running for the hills, let me assure you, all is not lost. This is a lovely liquid foundation that is incredibly easy to apply, gliding effortlessly over the skin both with brushes and fingers.

The coverage is, I would say, on the medium to heavy end of the foundation spectrum; disguising fine lines, balancing uneven skin tones and covering areas of higher colour and minor blemishes with ease. A couple of pumps of the bottle is generally enough to cover the face and the result is a radiant, flawless, satin finish with wonderful light reflective qualities.

Gentle on the skin, the lightweight foundation contains nourishing ingredients which leave the skin feeling beautifully hydrated. The Vapour website recommends Soft Focus for all but the driest of skins, however I have found that applying a good moisturiser before application helps prevent much of the patching that occurs with drier skins.
 


One of the best things for me about this base, is the tonal range of the collection. One of the few natural ranges that consider darker skins, there are eleven shades with a mixture of red, yellow and neutral undertones, making the foundation suitable for a wide range of skin tones.

I love this foundation and have recommended it to so many people however, before you get carried away, a word of caution; this foundation is a little on the steep side at around £41.00. If you don't fancy such an outlay or are unsure of which shade you require, I would suggest purchasing a sample size product which contain approximately three applications. Samples are available either directly from Vapour themselves or from Naturisimo (priced at £1.50).

Available online at Naturisimo or in store at Content

Vapour Organic Beauty was founded by organic product design team Krysia Boinis and Kristine Keheley combined with the beauty expertise of Eric Sakas (ex president of Kevin Aucoyn Beauty). Created with performance and purity at its core, Vapour are not only USDA certified organic and cruelty free but produce products sustainably and ethically.


Ingredients:
Organic/Bio Camellia Oleifera (Camellia) Seed Oil, Organic/Bio Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Organic/Bio Lecithin, Organic/Bio Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica, Essential Oils and Natural Fruit Essences, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Boswellia Carteri (Frankincense)*, Organic/Bio Ocimum Sanctum (Tulsi/Holy Basil), Organic/Bio Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus Flowers)
May include: [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019)]
Images courtesy of Vapour Beauty
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds too good to be true, I definitely need to sample! I agree, liquid foundation in the winter, tinted moisturiser in the summer. Mineral foundation just doesn't seem to work on my skin anymore, but I do like a soft finishing touch over concealer etc. Tempting! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dana. It is fab & def worth a go. Try the sample from Naturissimo - bargin! Laura x

      Delete