Friday 5 April 2013

Icelandic Waters


I have always been blessed with pretty good skin that looks younger than my years and is generally blemish free (thanks mum!), but looking in the mirror recently I realised that over the past few months my skin has not been looking its best, especially around the eye area. Time to take action!

skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels

Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels are crescent shaped, sticky backed pads which are applied under the eye area. Used once a week the pads, part of the stressed skin range are designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve blood flow and reduce puffiness.

I applied the pads for the required ten minutes and then left them for another fifteen - just for good measure! The results were impressive, my fine lines both on the outer corners and under the eye were near invisible, the skin appeared fresher and my dark circles slightly reduced.


So impressed with the cooling, line reducing effect that the pads had around my eyes, I proceeded to move them onto my forehead and between my eyebrows - moving them every ten minutes to different positions. Although the pads were technically past their best there was a noticeable reduction in my frown and fine lines and even my deeper forehead wrinkles.

I was kindly given a couple of packs of these pads and on being told how effective they were, have to admit I was sceptical but having now used them, I completely understand the attraction. Gone are the days of cold tea bags and cucumber slices, I will definitely be purchasing them for both myself and my kit - much less messy!

Hydro Cool Eye Gels come packaged a resealable ziplock bag. Housed in hygienic individual sachets they are very light weight, making them perfect for inclusion in make-up kits and set bags. I find that Presenters and Actors often need a little lift around the eye area before their make-up is applied - especially after an early start!

skyn ICELAND don't claim that the pads are 100% natural and they do contain some science-y ingredients such as Hydrolyzed Elastin and Acetyl Hexapeptide, however they are free from Parabens, petroleum, mineral oils, phalates, synthetic fragrances and dyes. Suitable for vegetarians, the eye gels are also cruelty free.

Available at high street institution Marks and Spencer, the pads are priced at £25.00 for eight, individually packaged pairs (approximately two months worth). Not cheap but if you want an occasional treat then why not give them a go?

The creation of one women who, after battling ill health as a result of chronic stress. Following a visit to Iceland where she fell in love with the natural beauty that the island possesses, skynICELAND was born; inspired by and created using the fresh Glacier waters and arctic botanicals found on the beautiful Island.


Ingredients:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Angelica Archangelica Root Water*, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Agar, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caprylyl Glycol, Perfluorodecalin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, PEG-75 Shea Butter Glycerides, Glycosphingolipids, Xanthan Gum, Ubiquinone, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Extract, Buddleja Davidii Extract, Rubus Chamaemorus (Arctic Cloudberry) Seed Oil, Oxycoccus Palustris (Arctic Cranberry) Seed Oil, Aluminum Glycinate, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Sorbic Acid, 1,2-Hexanediol
*With Minerals
Disclaimer:
The options expressed in this blog are entirely my own and I am honest in what I write. I am a Freelance Make-up Artist and am NOT affiliated with any company or brand, therefore I remain impartial and unbiased towards one organisation.
Unless otherwise stated, the products reviewed have been purchased by me. On occasion I am sent products to try, however I will always state if I have been sent a product. As a matter of principle (and time) I will not review any products that I do not like or use in the course of my work as a Make-up Artist, regardless of whether I purchased it myself or was sent it.

Images courtesy of: Transport for Lindon and skyn ICELAND


 

No comments:

Post a Comment