Monday 29 July 2013

Faking It!


I am not someone who tans easily. I generally burn and then eventually turn slightly honey coloured before rapidly returning to my former pale self. I have a tendency to wear short sleeves a lot of the year and consequently my arms by default, generally have significantly more colour than the rest of me and although I'm not really that fussed about having a tan, I am not overly keen on my legs looking as though they belong to someone else entirely!


This year I decided that my arms and exposed upper body had had too much of a head start and so opted to try Faking It on my legs.


Lavera Self Tan Lotion

After deliberating over the range of clean self tans on the market I decided to opt for the Lavera Self Tan Lotion. There was very little decision making on my part in the end circumstance prevailed and it happened to be the only one sold by the company I was placing an order with at the time!

I massaged the cream into my legs and feet and as instructed, set about waiting until it had been absorbed before sitting down or putting clothing back on. After about half an hour I decided enough was enough and got dressed (I am not known for my patience) however my legs, even the still exposed bits felt fairly sticky until showering that evening.

The lotion goes on very easily and can be reapplied a couple of times a week to build up the colour. The tan develops over the course of about four hours however you begin to see results after about two.

I applied just one coat and the results are pretty good and I have a lovely natural looking sun-kissed glow. I admit the tan is not quite on par with my arms and I may as yet add a second coat, however I need no longer be quite so conscious of my glow-in-the-dark legs.

As a rule I don't tend to keep self tans in my kit however I would definitely purchase this if an artist on a shoot needed to give their skin some natural looking, long-term colour.

Priced at £13.50 for 150ml, I think it is very competitively priced in comparison to other self tan lotions.

Available in the UK from (amongst others) Lavera

Lavera (Latin for 'The Truth') was established near Hanover, in Germany in 1987 and produce a range of make-up, hair, skincare and oral hygiene products made from raw plant ingredients. BDIH organic certified (with the exception of the haircare range), Lavera products are free from synthetic perfumes, GM ingredients, colourants, silicone and preservatives. Cruelty free, many of the Lavera products are also suitable for vegans.


Ingredients:
(*denotes certified organic ** Natural Essential Oils )
Aqua, Glycine Soja Oil*, Dihydroxyacetone, Alcohol*, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Erythrulose, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil*, Aloe Barbadensis Gel*, Caprylic /Capric Triglyceride, Macadamia Ternifolia Oil*, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Rosa Damascena Distillate*, Camellia Oleifera Extract*, Lavandula Angustifolia Water*, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Parfum**, Limonene**, Geraniol**, Linalool**, Citronellol**, Citral**, Coumarin**, Benzyl Benzoate**, Eugenol**

Images courtesy of: Lavera
Main image courtesy of: Warner Bros
 

2 comments:

  1. I have this tan and really like it! I think the colour is nice - buildable but not too dark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber, Its a great self tan. I have only done a couple of coats as I'm not one for a deep tan but it is a beautiful, natural looking tone. Give it a go and let me know what you think :)
      L x

      Delete