Monday 10 February 2014

Nvey-ous



I love rediscovering products; products found loitering at the bottom of my kit bag that haven't been played with for a little while. Once spotted they are given a new lease of life and re-loved. This post is about one of those rediscoveries, a product that once I used a lot but had fallen unintentionally by the wayside, only to be re-found and now re-incorporated into my kit.

Nvey Eco Creme Deluxe Foundation

This was (I believe), one of the first foundations that I purchased when I began dabbling with natural and organic products many moons ago. Thinking back, I remember why I chose it over the very few organic alternatives I had at the time; 1. it was a cream foundation (I love cream and liquid bases) 2. was available in a few darker skin tones (sadly still a rarity with many cream and liquid bases) and 3. it looked cool (take a look at what was available in the mid noughties and you will see what I mean).

Cream and liquid foundations are my products of choice when I use a make-up base. Loose mineral powders have their place, but for me the afore mentioned win hands down every time. Unusually for a cream foundation, the Creme Deluxe coverage is fairly sheer, especially if applied with a sponge (a brush works much better); however it can be built up to give a fuller coverage.

Incredibly light to wear, Creme Deluxe is rich in Safflower, caster and jojoba oils which help nourish hydrate the skin without that greasy feeling that you sometimes get from cream foundations.


The spectrum of shades is pretty good (although hasn't increased over the years) with ten shades in the Cream Deluxe collection. The foundations are available in both pink and yellow undertones and cater for those with fairer skins through to light/mid toned darker skin tones. 

The cool factor. The piano black packaging hasn't changed much at all (although I think there was a slight re-design at one point) and although it has maybe lost its edge when compared to some of the newer brands on the block, it still is simple, functional, lightweight and practical. In the end, what more do you need?

Something I wasn't thinking of when I first purchased it but have since discovered, is how great it looks on men. I have taken to using Creme Deluxe on jobs that involve a little male grooming; nothing heavy, just coverage where it is needed. I will be publishing a post on male grooming in the near future so more about this then...

Currently priced at £24.99 (RRP £36.00), Nvey Eco Creme Deluxe Foundation is available in the UK from (amongst others) Naturisimo

Coining the phrase 'green is the new black', NVEY ECO have been at the forefront of organic make-up since 2005. Developing and perfecting methods and techniques to produce professional quality 'green' cosmetics that dispell the myth that organic make-up is of lesser quality. Certified by NATRUE, the Australian company produce products free from parabens, petrochemicals, synthetic fragrances, GMO's, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, nano-particles and talc... Oh, they also are completely cruelty-free
.
Ingredients:
(*denotes certified organic ingredient)
Ricinus Communis (Organic Castor) Seed Oil*, Carthamus Tinctorius (Organic Safflower) Seed Oil*, Cera Alba (Organic Beeswax)*, Cetyl Alchohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Organic Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Copernicia Cerifera (Organic Carnauba) Wax*, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Benzyl Alcohol (and) Salicylic Acid (and) Sorbic Acid, Glycerin.
May Contain +/-: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77019 (Mica)

Main Image Courtesy of: O-r-c-h-i-d-e-a via DeviantART - Green Eyed Monster
Body Image Courtesy of: Nvey Eco

No comments:

Post a Comment