Monday 27 October 2014

HJ Manicure Launch

Last week I attended the launch of HJ Manicure, a new boutique nail collection from nail technician and manicurist Helen J. Held at Orico London's flagship store on the Kings Road, the event was hosted by Helen and Rebecca Goodyear PR and also previewed the new autumn/winter '14 collection.
HJ Manicure is a non‐toxic nail care brand, free from Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Di-butyl phthalate (DBP) and Camphor. Being free from all animal derivatives, the range is cruelty free and vegan friendly.

The collection consists of sixteen core colours in addition to the four new colours and a dual base and top coat. The polishes span a whole rainbow spectrum of shades from nudes to rich, deep blues and reds. All beautiful shades but the ones which drew my eye in particular were the blue, purple and green tones.

During the evening my nails received a much needed quick once over by session manicurist and after quite a lot of deliberation over the colour I plumped for Vintage Bronze. A beautiful glossy grey/bronze shot though with an burnt orange iridescence.
 
The colour is said to be long lasting and hard wearing and the reason for the slight delay in writing about this launch was because I wanted to see how the polish faired after a few days of wear. It's no secret that I am hard on my nails and polish is usually begging to be removed after about two days. One week on and I have decided that it should now definitely be removed; although not particularly chipped, my nails have grown and are looking a little tired. Not bad going I say!
The polish is priced at £9.50 (not bad for a luxury polish) and available online from HJ Manicure or instore at Orico London.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment