Monday 24 August 2015

Natural Lip Gloss by Lily Lolo

Lip gloss is not one of those products I usually keep large quantities of in my kit as it don't get a massive amount of use, but I do maintain a basic stock to cover most bases. This more invariably means that I carry a clear; a nude; a pink; a peach and a red at any one time - or at least variations on those themes.

Lily Lolo Natural lip gloss was a fairly early addition to my kit and it remains my go-to gloss if I am looking for a fairly natural lip.

Available in nine shades, the line consists primarily of variations on pinks and peaches. Having worked my way through the majority of the shades over the years, my favourites are Whisper (a sheer pale dusky pink); Damson Dusk (a deep dusky pink mauve) and Cocktail (a deep peachy apricot shot through with subtle gold shimmer).

All of the shades are reasonably sheer and if used alone they don't have a huge colour payoff (hence their name) but It is this merest hint of colour which makes them perfect for creating a natural looking lip. The glosses also work well if applied over a lip pencil; adding a little sheen to an otherwise matte finish. They need topping up from time to time but in all honesty, there aren't many glosses that don't!

The only negative for me (and this is a personal thing) is that the gloss has a cocoa buttery scent which I am not keen on however I have had many clients tell me they love it so I guess I'm alone in that.

I have used these lip glosses on almost every type of job from TV and advertising to fashion shoots and bridal work. They look lovely on camera and on screen, standing up to High Definition with ease.

Tailored to suit everyone with the flattering colour palette, they are not just for the professional or hardened gloss addict, I think they make for a perfect introduction to lip gloss and priced at just £7.99 for a 4ml tube, they are a great budget buy too. 

Available from Lily Lolo

Lily Lolo is a British mineral make-up brand established in 2005 by Vikki Khan. Named after the founder sisters Lisa (Lily) and Lorraine (Lolo), Khan has created a range of products free from paragons, synthetic fragrances and dyes and that is BUAV approved. 


Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Olivate, Cera Alba, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Mica, Aroma, Copernicia Cerifera Cera, Candelilla Cera,Tocopherol
May contain: +/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet)]

No comments:

Post a Comment