Friday 21 August 2015

Top Five: Neutral Eyeshadow Palettes

With the Urban Decay Naked palette(s) being amongst the most popular eyeshadow selections currently on the market, palettes seem to currently be having a little bit of resurgence in popularity with more and more brands introducing them to their collections.
I love a palette; not only do they mean overall less packaging but they are a great way to keep the weight down in your kit. That said, the frustrating thing about palettes is that they almost always contain one or two products that get barely any use resulting you having to purchase a new palette before you have fully emptied it.

Sadly natural and organic brands do seem to struggle with creating palettes of shadows and I do feel that they still have much to learn from the bigger conventional brands. I find that more often than not, the combination of shades may be nice enough but overall the palettes just seem to be lacking a certain something - a something that I can't quite place. A neutral palette in my mind should contain a selection of white, creams, browns and possibly the odd grey in a variety of finishes. 

Having trawled the internet for clean, good quality and totally wearable neutral eyeshadow palettes I have whittled my findings down to the (loosely) neutral palettes - here are the five that caught my eye...


Quattro Cappuccino Cream from Lavera (£12.50) (V)
I was sent this quad a while ago and I have thoroughly enjoyed using it. The shadow is silky smooth and can be easily built up. The four shades soft and flattering and can be worn easily individually as well as combined to create anything from a barely there to a smokey eye. A great price for a palette too!
Laid Bare Palette from Lily Lolo (£19.99) (V)
This is probably the most similar to the urban decay palettes; eight shades in a selection of nudes, browns, taupes, greys with either a matte and shimmer finish. The shadows are flattering and the selection of shades is pretty universal. I have yet to try this palette however it has defiantely caught my eye so I will be giving it a go at the earliest opportunity.
Natural Quad Eyeshadow Palette from Zuii Organic (AU$49.50) (V)
I really like the Zuii shadows; they go on and blend easily and although i haven't tried this palette as is, I have tried all the shades independently. The quartet consists of Dark Chocolate (matte), Bronze (shimmering warm mid brown), Tawney (a taupe brown) and Mustard (a light shimmering warm gold); a lovely combination of colours which can be blended to create a multitude of looks.
Eyeshadow Palette No. 1 from Dr Hauschka (£34.95)
This was probably the first clean eyeshadow palette to make it into my kit and I still use it to this day (although mine has been broken down and the shadows transferred to my neutrals palette). An entirely matte palette (hooray!) consisting of cream/off white, light brown, taupe and soft grey; the four shades are prefect for creating a smouldering or understated eye. 


Eyeshadow Palette No. 3 from Nvey Eco (£29.50 approx)
Containing probably the palest combination of shades, No. 3 is not your traditional neutral palette. Combining a creamy gold, white and brown with a couple of soft greens, this palette certainly puts a different slant on the conventional palette. Flatteringly shimmery - not glittery; this palette would suit most people and is definitely one to keep your eye out for.

Do any of these take your fancy?


(V = Vegan)
GF = Gluten Free)



Images: Lily Lolo, Dr hauschka, Zuii Organic, Lavera, Nvey Eco

2 comments:

  1. love the look of the dr H and lily lolo, have you tried 100% pure pretty naked palatte? i really love it, its more golden natural shades.
    El | www.eloiselovesnature.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eloise, they're lovely aren't they? I haven't come across the 100% Pure one. I will definitely take a look. Thanks for the heads up :)
      L x

      Delete