Monday 3 August 2015

Top five: Products I'm Loving - Summer 2015

After nearly four years of writing this little blog, I have yet to actually write a seasonal favourites post. After mulling over what I have been using both in my kit and on myself over the past couple of months, here we go...

Evening Primrose Age Revitalising Night Cream from Weleda

This one has been part of my evening skincare regime since early June and I don't see myself letting it go by the wayside any time soon. Designed for women 56 and over (I can guarantee that I am nowhere near that age!!!), the Evening Primrose (which we know is laden with benefits) cream is fairly dense and I am finding that the cream seems to benefit my dehydrated skin and seems to be a great counterpart for my much loved serum; giving a nourishing, hydrating layer which is absorbed as I sleep. 
£23.95 from Weleda     -     www.weleda.co.uk

Light Reflect Highlighting Creme from Inika

You may remember I featured this highlighter a couple of weeks ago. Having initially raided my kit for something to help brighten my early morning dull eyes and skin, Light Reflect hasn't actually made it back into my kit and is residing happily in my personal bag. This peach toned highlighter  is beautiful and the gold undertones help give a soft, radiant glow to both light and dark skin tones. It's non oily formulation makes it easy to blend and apply to eyes, cheeks, lips and brow bones.

£17.00 from Inika     -     www.inika.co.uk

Nail Elixir from Fresh Therapies

Following on from the success of the Eden nail polish remover, Fresh Therapies have produced another winning product. I have been using the Nail Elixir on a reasonably regular basis for about three months and have seen a vast improvement in the condition and texture of my nail. I have very soft, flexible (bendy) nails which easily tear or split, they also (just to add insult to injury) have intermittent pitting caused by mild Psoriasis of the nail bed. Although they are still bendy (I doubt much will change that), my nails have developed a heathy sheen and look so much better than they had previously!

£11.95 from Fresh Therapies     -      www.freshtherapies.com

High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb from Bite Beauty

This is a lip colour I have been using since the early spring but it's use has continued well into the summer months - despite its slightly autumnal shade. A truly versatile shade, Rhubarb is a muted, pinky plum with a satin finish. It gives full coverage and long lasting wear and has seen me through nights out, job interviews, weddings and days in the sun. I am a big fan of these highly pigmented crayons, I have a number of them in my kit and they all get regular wear from me too!

$24.00 from Sephora     -     www.bitebeauty.com

Organic Eye Make-up Remover from Neal's Yard Remedies

On the whole I am not a heavy user of make-up - despite my job. I love it and adore wearing/applying it but on a day to day basis I am pretty low maintenance and keep my product count to a minimum. This summer I am loving this remover from NYR, it is super delicate and very cooling. It's very, very light so if you like to layer your mascara until you essentially have a mono lash then this is probably not the product for you. I haven't had any problems removing my eye make-up; I do sometimes need to go in or a second round but it does all come off pretty easily all told. Combined with a Micellar Water, I am finding it the perfect first cleanse in my summer evening skincare routine.



Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them? Let me know either via twitter, or leave a comment below. It would be great to hear your thoughts.



Ingredients:

Weleda Evening Primrose Age Revitalising Night Cream: Water (Aqua), Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Alcohol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Centella Asiatica Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Xanthan Gum, Arginine, Glyceryl Caprylate, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Benzyl Salicylate*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Farnesol*. *from natural essential oils

Inika Light reflect Highlighting Creme: Water (Aqua); Glycerin*; Mica; Cetearyl Alcohol; Cetearyl Glucoside; Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis) Fruit Extract*; Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891); Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499); *Certified Organic


Fresh Thearpies Nail Elixir: Jojoba, Apricot, Neroli essential oil, Frankincense essential oil

Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil: Organic Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil**, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil**, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax)**, Silica*, Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil**, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter**, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax*, Organic Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax**, Tocopherol*, Natural Flavor*, Trans-Resveratrol*, Vitis Vinefera (Grapeseed) Oil*, Siraitia Grosvenori (Monk Fruit)*. May Contain: Mica (Ci 77019)*, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)*, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)*, Carmine (Ci 75470)*, Fd&C Blue No. 1 (Ci 42090), Fd&C Yellow No. 5 (Ci 19140), Fd&C Yellow No. 6 (Ci 15985), Fd&C Red No. 40 (Ci 16035), D&C Red 6 (Ci 15850), D&C Red 7 (Ci 15850), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742)*. *Natural. **Certified organic.

NYR Organic Eye Make-up Remover: Rosa damascena (Rose) flower water*, Aqua (Water), Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf juice powder*, Camellia sinensis (White tea) leaf extract, Palmitoyl tripeptide-5, Sucrose laurate, Levulinic acid, Sodium levulinate, Glycerin, Coco-glucoside, Sodium dehydroacetate, Potassium sorbate. *Organically produced ingredient. Made with 96% organic ingredients. This is a vegan product.


Main Image: Courtesy of Dakota via Flickr
Body Images: Laura Jane Sessions - Organic Make-up Artist


No comments:

Post a Comment