Friday 8 February 2013

Concealed

concealed past participle, past tense of con·ceal (Verb)

Verb
  1. Keep from sight; hide.
  2. Keep (something) secret; prevent from being known or noticed: "love that they had to conceal from others".

This time of year I find that the need for a good concealer is greater than ever; blemishes and under-eye shadows always seem to appear stronger in the winter months as our skin lacks the colour and warmth that the summer months bring.

Essential Care Concealer

Initially I was sent this concealer as a sample and I have to say, like with many other products within the Essential Care range, I have fallen for it in a big way.

Housed in the traditional style twist-up tube in the typical Essential Care dark green livery, the concealer is silky smooth and hydrating on the skin, with the lubricating properties of Coconut Oil making application and blending a doddle. The coverage is fantastic; covering the darkest of under-eye shadows and highest of colour with ease.

Currently available in two shades; Fair and Medium, the Concealer may lack variety on the colour front but it sure makes up for it in every other way. I would love the range to be expanded to take into account the blemish covering requirements of darker skins, however for now, I will have to just settle (happily) for these two.

Priced at £17.50 they are possibly a little on the pricey side for a concealer stick but if you want coverage then this is the stick for you. Available online at Essential Care and in good health food stores.



 
Essential Care were established in 2003 in Mildenhall, in my home county of Suffolk. The products themselves date back to the the eighties when Margret Weeds, the founder of this family run business, rekindled a lifelong love of aromatherapy and herbal medicine. All of the products from the multi-award winning Essential Care range are produced using plant derived ingredients, are cruelty free and the majority are certified organic by the Soil Association.


Ingredients:
(*denotes certified organic - minimum 76%)
Cocos Nucifera Oil*, Ricinis Communis Oil*, Cera Alba*, Olea Europaea Oil*, Zinc Oxide, Tapioca Starch*, Candelilla Cera*, Helianthus Annuus Seed Cera, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract*, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract*
May contain: +/- CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, CI 77007, Mica, Silica

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed in this blog are entirely my own and I am honest in what I write. I am a freelance Make-up Artist and am NOT affiliated with any company or brand, therefore I remain imparticial and unbiased towards one organisation.
Unless otherwise stated, the products reviewed have been purchased by me. On occasion I am sent products to try, however I will always state if I have been sent a product. As a matter of principle (and time) I will not review any product that I do not like or use in the course of my work as a Make-up Artist, regardless of whether I purchased it myself or was sent it.
Images courtesy of Essential Care
 

6 comments:

  1. Essential Care's Concealers are nice and effective but I occasionally encountered stocking issues when I needed one urgently.

    If you encounter the same issues then I have found Lavera also produce a high quality natural concealer that is nice to use and does not break the bank either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I have to say I haven't found it a problem but I agree the Lavera one is nice. Thanks, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there,
    I hope you don't mind me contacting you but i find your website so helpful ( i have bought eyeliner and mascara on your recommendation and love them both so thank you) and hoped you might be able to advise. I have been trying to live chemical free since having babies though remarkably have only just made the link between make-up and chemicals. Ridiculous! I have been using Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser (bisque) and Secret Concealer (no4) for several years and was very pleased with their results. i am looking for products to replace these. I am medium olive skinned and tan very easily in summer though am a lovely shade of jaundice in the winter. I have very dark circles under my eyes which have been referred to before as 'like elephants skin' by some charming children of my friends! I need a moisturising concealer as am getting to that stage in life where my wrinkles show up more when i have make-up on! I have been told that RMS un-cover up is good. have you had experience of this? I also would love some colour and really cant work out what colour blush to get (i like my make up to just make me look well and healthy...not really made up if you know what i mean. i don't like the look of foundation or obvious blusher...) I have been thinking about lip2cheek by RMS but am stumped on colour. also saw they do a bronzer. have you tried it? can you recommend a good bronzer. i saw you posted about one last year which was 'baked' ...is this still your fav? is this a better idea than going for something more cream based?
    I really hope you don't mind me contacting you.
    Thank you
    Francine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Francine
      Thanks for getting in touch. It is great to hear you want to clem up your make-up kit too. If you drop me an email (address in the contact area above) I will be able to help you fully and answer any questions in more depth.
      I loo forward to hearing from you
      Laura x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete