Monday 25 November 2013

Behind The Brand: Lily Lolo

One of my preferred mineral make-up lines has to be Lily Lolo. The first pure powder mineral line that I worked with with any regularity, I first came across it in early 2011 at my then local organic store So Organic.


A British company established in 2005 by founder Vikki Khan, Lily Lolo takes its name from the combined pet names of Khan's sisters Lisa (Lily) and Lorraine (Lolo).

A range of high quality, all natural mineral make-up that is free from nano sized particles, Bismuth Oxychloride, synthetic dyes and fragrances, petrochemicals and parabens; many of the potentially toxic ingredients found in conventional make-up and even some mineral brands! Although not entirely vegan friendly, Lily Lolo is approved under the BUAV and Leaping Bunny cruelty free schemes.


The collection is pretty comprehensive and covers a range of colour cosmetics and accessories, including loose foundations and concealers, blushers and shadows; pressed shadows and blushers; mascara, eye pencils, lipsticks and glosses and even brushes.




As with any of the brands that I feature in this segment, there are always favourites amongst the collections and for me Lily Lolo offers a good range of workable, everyday nude and brown loose mineral shadows. I am also a big fan of the lip gloss; Whisper in particular.

There have been a few new products introduced in recent months and although I am yet to try them I have been hearing good things on grapevine - especially with regards to the lipsticks! I will update you as and when I work my way through them.

With prices starting at just £5.99, Lily Lolo is at a great price point and ideal for professionals as well as those making their first forays into minerals. Have you tried any of the Lily Lolo make-up?

If you fancy taking a look at what have written about some of the Lily Lolo products in previous posts go to: Mud, Mud, Glorious Mud; Glossy and Gold, Silver, Bronze.

Images: Lily Lolo

2 comments:

  1. Lilylilo are definitely a brand I want to try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen
      They are definitely worth a go. Lovely textures and great value too!
      Laura x

      Delete