Monday 18 November 2013

Love: Fragmented Alice

From a beauty perspective one of the disadvantages of living in the UK is that some products or brands are just not available over here. It's very frustrating to see amazing products that are on the market; in the US for instance, that are simply unobtainable without shelling out a small fortune for a plane ticket (I don't suppose it's a one way street either).

One of the collections that caught my eye towards the end of the summer and one I have utterly fallen in Love with is this; Fragmented Alice from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC).
 
A collaboration between OCC and award winning Symbolist painter Gail Potocki, Fragmented Alice is a marriage of make-up and art, inspired by Potocki's recent series of work; a macabre interpretation of the Lewis Carroll fantasy Alice in Wonderland.

The limited edition collection consists of three loose colour concentrates (micronised pigment powders), two five-free nail lacquers and, of course, the one and only Lip Tar. All individually named by Potocki herself, the collection breaks down as follows...

The multi-purpose Loose Colour Concentrates (from left to right): Infliction, a patearned opal pink; Curved Sky, an icy white with a blue, purple iridescence; and Nevar, a dirty olive gold (slightly reminiscent of Fools Gold in my mind).

The nail lacquers: Gryphon, an opaque, satin cement grey and Severed, a bright crimson. Both slightly cold looking shades to my eyes but I like them none the less (great for photographic work I am thinking) plus they are 5-free to boot.

For me the Pièce de résistance has to be Fragmented (right), a beautiful Acid-green, gold-laced metallic glaze that successfully combines two of the Lip Tar qualities; metallics and stained gloss - So many make-up spring to mind when I look at this...

I was completely blown away by the Fragmented Alice collection when I first saw it and if it ever does make it to the UK, I will be first in the queue!

What do you think of the collection?

 
Images: OCC courtesy of Melody Joy PR
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment