Monday 15 September 2014

Real Techniques Shading Brush



I am sure by now that you are not unaware of my make-up brush obsession; it is pretty mighty. In all honesty it doesn't take much for me to share my thoughts on a brush, although I try to restrain myself...

 
Real Techniques Shading Brush



This little brush is very assuming to look at but it really does the job.  Designed as a complete multi-tasker, the Real Techniques website is all about using it as an eye brush to blend and apply shadow, however I have never actually used it for that purpose (although I am sure it's really good).


For me it's all about concealing and personally I think it does this beautifully. The soft taklon bristles are hand cut for precision application and blend cream concealers evenly, even in those tricky to reach under-lash areas. I always have at least a couple of brushes to hand for each part of a make-up and although I generally apply concealer with a flat brush (usually as LY19), I do like to blend with a fluffier brush. Enter the Shading brush.

Initially a purchase that was made on a whim, I now have a few Real Techniques Shading Brushes in my kit and do admit to adding to the numbers every time they are on offer in store... I really can't fault them when it comes to simple, basic brushes.
Real Techniques Shading Brush


Unlike the larger Real Techniques brushes whose handles I take issue with due to their wider base (very handy for standing up I'm sure but not good for putting in brush rolls!), the Shading brush is slim and very portable thanks to it's weight - or lack of (it weighs less than 1/2 lb!).

Priced at around £7.00, the Shading Brush is available both online at (amongst others) Cocktail Cosmetics and in-store at Boots and Superdrug.

Created by Paris Presents (the same people who own EcoTools) vegan friendly and cruelty free Real Techniques launched in 2011 and were designed alongside Make-up Artist's and Beauty You Tuber's Sam and Nic Chapman.



Other Real Techniques Posts: Top Five - Foundation Brushes  and Kabuki Brushes

Main Image: Courtesy of Shaun Taylor Photography 
Body Image: Real Techniques


No comments:

Post a Comment