Monday 19 October 2015

Neal's Yard Remedies Organic Eye Make-up Remover


I am particularly bad at using a designated eye make-up remover to take off any eye make-up at the end of the day (this served as inspiration for my other Twitter handle @eyeslikepandas). I don't not take it off but I do tend to rely on the goodwill of my other cleansing products to do the job for me... There are however occasions when an eye make-up remover is the answer and there is no getting away from it.

Many eye make-up removers feel quite oily on application and can leave a film on your skin however the Neal's Yard Organic Eye Make-up Remover is very light and being oil free, leaves no residue. The cool and refreshing formula actually feels like you are bathing your eyes in a delicately scented cup of iced tea (I've never actually done that so I am surmising).

A calming infusion of aloe Vera, damask rose and the antioxidant white tea (see, I wasn't joking about the tea) soothes, hydrates and nourishes the delicate eye area whilst conditioning the lashes.

Scent and sensation aside, the remover does what it is designed to to; easily removing eyeshadow, brow products, liner and mascara. It is at this point that I should mention that I am not a wearer of waterproof mascara, so I have only tried removing mascaras of a water resistant nature a limited number of times; it has worked but does need a little more perseverance - I can't comment on its effectiveness on big name non-natural brands,

Have you tried it yet? If so, what did you think?

The Organic Eye Make-up remover is £11.00 from Neal's Yard Remedies.


One of the first companies to use natural rather than synthetic ingredients, Neal's Yard Remedies was born in 1981 in London's Covent Garden. The extensive range of Soil Association certified skin and hair care products and make-up are all designed, created and tested at the NYR headquarters in Dorset.




Ingredients:
(* Denotes organically produced ingredient. Made with 96% organic ingredients)
Rosa damascena (Rose) flower water*, Aqua (Water), Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf juice powder*, Camellia sinensis (White tea) leaf extract, Palmitoyl tripeptide-5, Sucrose laurate, Levulinic acid, Sodium levulinate, Glycerin, Coco-glucoside, Sodium dehydroacetate, Potassium sorbate.
Vegan friendly :)

    2 comments:

    1. This make up remover is my favourite non oily eye make up remover and I purchased quite few bottles in the past. However, I find oil based make up removers more effective and currently using one of them, but if you don't want oil residue left behind, then I would definitely recommend Neal's Yards one.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Petra
        It is lovely, isn't it. I agree, oil based removers can be more effective but I know many people have problems with them.
        Thanks for touching base
        L x

        Delete