Monday 5 October 2015

New Additions: Summer 2014

This summer I have added very little new make-up items to my kit, however I have picked up a few pieces over the past couple of months and so thought I would put together my quarterly post to sum up the key purchases...

My kindly relative's bi-annual trip to New York meant that I have been able to add more Bite Beauty goodies to my lip kit. The little Sephora bags which I am presented with are a little bit of a lucky dip; I always provide a very flexible wish list as more often than not at least half of the list is not in stock so it is always a pleasant surprise when I open the bag. 

This trip my focus was to stock up on autumnal, berry and wine tones and I received a High Pigment Pencils in Tannin (a deep red poppy), Matte Lip Pencil in Aubergine (as it says on the tin - a purple-y plum) and Luminous Creme Lipstick in Shiraz (a soft plum brown). The latter wasn't actually on my list however as said relative is an Artist herself, I trust her judgment when it comes to picking shades which would fit the bill.

I am already a big fan of the High Pigment Pencils (read my thoughts here) so it has been great to get my hands on some of the other products in the range.
Top: Matte Lip Pencil in Aubergine, Bottom: High Pigment Pencil in Tannin,
Right: Luminous Creme Lipstick in Shiraz
L-R: Aubergine, Tannin, Shiraz
A recent trip to Boots (a UK drugstore) saw me picking up three new brushes (they were on offer I can assure you ;). Initially I picked up the Eye Perfecting Brush, however this was quickly joined by the Correcting Concealer and Skin Perfecting brushes. 

I have already used and love the Eye Perfecting brush (un-pictured as weirdly it has already disappeared [I am suspecting my daughter has got her hands on it and snaffled it away somewhere safe] but I shall find it!); the bristles are beautifully firm but soft and the shape of the head is perfect for getting into the eye area, so I can't wait to seed how I get on with the other two.
Left: Skin Perfecting Brush, Right: Correcting Concealer Brush
I was in need of a new red lip liner and saw the Lavera #03 Red lip pencil in my local health food store and so picked it up. I recently lamented about the lack of reds in my favourite lip liner range (Inika), however this has turned out to be a great addition to my kit. A great shade it goes on cleanly and easily with none of that nasty scratching or flaking. The creamy texture doesn't dry out the lips and the colour is long lasting.

Have you tried any of these products? If so, what did you think?



Images: Laura Jane Sessions - Organic Make-up Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment