Monday 19 August 2013

Pressed Into Action

When working on set loose powder is generally a real no-no. The first sign of a pot of powder and Cameramen (more so than women I've noticed) have a tendency to fly into a panic at the prospect of flyaway powder particles landing on the lens. Add to this (in my case) the inevitable clumsy dropping of compacts and pots or the simple act of juggling different shades of powder, lids and the brushes for each artist.... You see my point. Pressed powder is the way to go.


Green People Pressed Powder in Honey

To avoid wastage I generally try not to have too many of the same product open in my kit at any one time, so this sat for a while in my make-up bag waiting for the demise (death by dropping in this case) of another powder before it was pressed into action.


A very light powder that goes on super easily, I love the finish that comes from minimal application; a light dusting just over the t-zone is enough to take off the shine but not enough to truly mattify (if you get my drift).

The SPF15 powder does has a colour to it (no translucency here) and can be built up if necessary to provide a reasonable coverage and hide any minor blemishes, although this is something that I prefer not to do with powders myself.



The eagle eyed amongst you may have noticed that I have been writing about the old Green People pressed powder, I try not to write about products that are no longer available but sometimes that's just the way it goes.

In recent months Green People have changed and reformulated their make-up line and there is no longer a Honey powder; the newly formulated powders are Honey Light and Honey Medium. I am yet to use it but am guessing that my Honey is pretty similar in tone to the new Honey Light (feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

The new and improved powders are priced at £20.95 and are available online from (amongst others) Green People


Ingredients:
(* Denotes organic)
Talc, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Starch*, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Octyldoecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cinnamic Acid, p-Anisic Acid, Tocopherol
May contain: CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499


Main image: Laura Jane Sessions - Organic Make-up Artist (yes I used this before, but I like it :)
Body Images courtesy of: Green People

 

2 comments:

  1. I love the reformulated powder it is silky smooth! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ana
      I'm looking forward to trying it out. Always try to work through my older products before opening the new ones - its tough at times! :)
      L x

      Delete