Monday 13 January 2014

Lavender Blues


A few months ago I went on a little bit of a hand sanitizer frenzy (don't ask) and purchased every organic and natural version that I could find and hadn't already tried. Some I liked, some I inevitably didn't. This is one hand sanitizer that was a success - mostly.


Dr Bronner's Lavender Hand Sanitizer Spray


Dr Bronner's Hand Sanitiser is one that you can feel may really be stopping bacteria in its tracks. Obviously I can't do the science-y bit and measure the amount of bacteria inhabiting my hands before or after using the spray, but a couple of quick squirts does make my mitts feel fresh and clean.

I love a product that only has minimal ingredients and this has just four, three quarters of which are organic and certified Fair Trade; the fourth being water. The anti-bacterial properties in the spray come primarily from the Ethyl Alcohol. Fairly traded, the medical grade alcohol used in the spray is produced from sugar cane that has been traditionally farmed in the hillsides of Ecuador.

The hand sanitiser contains pure organic essential oil, which smells beautiful. This all sounds great I know but there is a But. As much as I personally liked the lavender scent, it is in all honesty a little too overpowering and lingering for me to use on my hands between artists. Waste not, want not however, it has now taken up residence in my own bag.

The sanitiser is priced at just £2.99 for a 59ml (2 US fl.oz) bottle and is available in from Lucy Rose


Ingredients:
62% Organic Fair Trade Ethyl Alcohol, Water, Organic Glycerin, Organic Lavender Oil

Images: Dr Bronner

No comments:

Post a Comment